Monday 28 October 2013

How to choose bedding sheets?



I am very picky and choosy when it comes to bedding sheets. I prefer the real soft and extremely comfortable bedding sheets. They should be easily washable and easy to iron. After researching and through my own personal experience, I have made note of things that are important before purchasing bedding sheets.

bedsheet

(1)  Measure your Mattress: Bedding sheets should give a perfect fit to your bed. Make the note of length, breadth as well as height

mattress 

(2)  Type of sheet: I personally prefer the fitted sheets over flat sheets as it gives the proper fit to my bed. Decide on same. Make sure to buy the fitted sheets with atleast 14 inch deep pockets. Also remember that sheets shrink by almost 7% after first wash.

white-cotton-fitted-sheet_1


(3)  Fabric: Though it is proven fact that cotton sheets are most comfortable over other fabric sheets and they stay more intact on bed and are more comfortable while sleeping. But I have experienced that if we buy the sheets made from combination of cotton and sateen, it is better. The reason is – they are much easier to maintain, wash and iron. However, for winter, I prefer flannel sheets.

handloom-cotton-fabrics


(4)  Color: For me the color of bedding is extremely important. I cannot sleep on bedding with dark colors. Moreover, light colors matching your interiors gives sort of positive feeling.


  colourful bed sheet


(5)  Thread counts: These days thread cotton don’t really matter. They are more hyped and advertised by sellers. Higher thread count sheets are rather heavier than the lower thread count sheet.


According to me ideal thread count is between 200-500.   If you have more confusion on deciding on bedding sets, you can write to me. For best bedding collection, log on to www.indianity.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment